I intended to make a list of 30 things I wanted to accomplish before turning 30, but I only made it to 25 (you’ll see why).
1. Graduate May 2009. Check! 2. Anna, don’t fail math. B+. boo YAW.
3. Make it back to Yemen. dangit!
4. Master Arabic. Not yet, but have an action plan in motion and a goal to be proficient by the end of 2011.
5. Read all the books on mah list (which has grown to include Hemingway’s For Whom The Bell Tolls and Wicked. Thanks, Megan! 🙂 Will address this in another post.
6. Go to Grad School, ya bum! Got accepted! Will go in another year or two, I’m thinkin.
7. Go Skydiving. Did iFly this summer! Now for the real thing…
8. Get SCUBA certified Wanted to do it this year. Spent all my money in Egypt instead. But I still got time!
9. Then dive in the Red Sea and Australia. See above.
10. Make it back to Guatemala,
Egypt twice!, Italy, Jordan , Lebanon, Oman (Salalah) August?, Turkey November? and Mexico July?.
11. And while I’m at it, see North Africa (Morocco, mostly), Russia, Hungary, Switzerland, Spain–aw heck! All of Europe, Kenya, Australia, Brazil, Honduras, Beliz, CUBA so that I can be just like Matt. Whoa. I’m way behind on this. But! Did add Germany and France to my list of European countries 🙂 (new total: 17!)
12. Live in New York. 2012 goal!
13. Spend some time as a professional writer of some sort. Or have writing be part of my job. OR! Just make some sweet moolah for blogging. Really, any combination of money and writing would be *great*. Done quite a bit of writing for my current job. Not exactly what I had in mind when I wrote this, so I’m not crossing it off, but it’s been accomplished.
Spend an extended period of time (read: more than two weeks)traveling abroad solo. See: Summer 2009
Maybe stop talking so much about travel. Yeesh. So for #15: develop new interests! like Quilting!
16. Work in DC. For a human rights organization. Hm…
Live outside the country! For a few years. Bada. BING.
18. Hike all around Southern Utah (Canyonlands, ZION, Bryce, Arches) Only did Arches. And it was before this post was written. Doesn’t count 🙁
19. Take up surfing. Even for a day. Oo fun!
20. Oh yeah, um, get married. TDH, that’s all I ask. Okay, and smart and funny and interesting and adventurous, too. But that’s a topic for a different post 🙂 haha. going to get this as close to 30 as I can…
21. Eat lunch at the top of Half Dome. Oh California. I have big plans for our reunion.
22. Watch the sunrise over the Empty Quarter. Totally must do this year!!
23. Eat Nutella on French Bread while looking up at Mt. Rushmore. This will be fun, but before I’m 30? Not so sure.
24. Road Trip the entire length of Highway 1–So Cal to Canada. Woot! (hey…sounds like a good post-grad vay-cay! Huh huh?) Okay, maybe not to Canada. But all the way up the California coast, then Oregon and Washington and ultimately wind up in BC. Heading up to Vancouver in May, but not by way of Highway 1. Boo.
25. There I go with the traveling again. Um, maybe I should take a break and think things over when I’m not ITCHING TO GET OUT of this great little city I call “home”. Hokay, see ya next time!