Because No One Else Is Around

I have both bragging and complaining to do!

Hey Guys!

So, it’s been a while. I don’t care to check how ‘while’ exactly, but while enough, right? This won’t be much of an update because it’s 11:16 PM and darnit! I have beauty sleep to get. The point is: I have been tired lately. SO. TIRED. I mean, I get 7 hours a sleep a night–occasionally 6–and I eat mostly healthy things most of the time. I eat very little candy (I’m serious, yo) and I go to a pretty intense workout class 2-3 times a week. I’m in good shape but oh my lands! The fatigue.

Last year at this time, I was taking 18 credits and working 30ish hours a week. I was, for the most part, NOT getting 7 hours a sleep a night, and except for my 15 minute walk uphill (almost) every morning, I was not exercising. And yet, I had SO. MUCH. ENERGY. There were nights (mornings) that I’d be up writing papers and I’d think to myself, Dang. It’s 1:30 and I am not even tired. I never slept through any of my classes–was not even tempted to! I have never felt so good in my life.

Which is funny because, as I just said, I’m eating moderately well, getting a good work-out regularly, and getting more sleep than I did as a student. But since starting my job two months ago, I haven’t had any extra energy. In fact, I’ve barely had sufficient energy. What in the heck??

So, all of this is just a long way of saying: I am too tired to write. I haven’t properly blogged since I don’t know when and I haven’t written a proper email in a few weeks–which y’all know is CRAZY because I’m all about writing proper (=too long) emails. Writing takes energy and I just don’t have it these days.

I hope that soon, it will return. In the meantime, please lend a willing eye to my woeful slash KICK–uh, TRASH weekend.


On Thursday it was day 1 of Global Day, which is just called “Global Day” despite it actually being a 2-day affair. I was there till 11:30 with some friends and after a day of being in (my awesome gold ballet) flats, my plantar fasciitis-afflicted feet had had enough. I suggested an after-party. Only one friend was interested and that is how at 12:15 Friday morning, I was on my way to the Sharjah Co-op to pick up some chocolate ice cream. 24-hour supermarkets are the best. thing. ever.

At 2:00, I was too beat to make it to the after-after party, so I went to bed.

At 9:00 Friday morning, my dad woke me up so we could go grocery shopping. Normally I’d be getting ready for church at this time, but this week church was being pre-empted by the Sunday AM session of General Conference. Mom opted not to go, and Dad–the household’s Designated Sabbath Breaker–decided that instead of sleeping in, I should have a driving lesson (and break the Sabbath along with him, which I did because mmmmmm…freshly-baked whole grain goodness bread.)

Have I mentioned my driving lessons? I can’t remember. Anyway, I got a license December 20, 2003. I got 11 of 12 points on my driving test; I missed one point because as I was backing up in a straight line, I was paying more attention to my side mirror than my rear-view mirror. (I was worried about hitting the curb and being automatically failed.) On August 18, 2004, I left for Dubai and the night before that was the last time I drove (in any real sense). Also, until these lessons began a few weeks ago, I had only once been on a freeway. So, at 22 1/2, my parents finally decided it was time for me to use that license for something other than age-verification).

That morning, I woke up with half of my face congested, which is only a weird description if you’ve never had sinus problems. Any who has knows exactly what that feels like–like someone planted a 5 pound lead ball in right in my cheekbone. The pressure. The difficulty breathing. The heaviness. It made me sleepy and so, shortly before noon (after the grocery shopping was done and I was showered), I settled down on the couch for a little snooze. I woke up three hours later and went upstairs to see my mom who, come to think of it, I hadn’t seen all morning (or afternoon, as it now was).

I ended up falling asleep on her bed–a nap which lasted another two hours.

When I woke up, I wondered if I had a concussion. But, no, hadn’t hit my head recently.

At 6 PM, I was tired but awake. My parents were leaving for the airport at 7 and I passed the time watching them scramble room to room, floor to floor, getting last minute things in order.
Then I ate some more ice cream.
Then I read.
Then I watched some conference (which is just not the same when viewed outside of Utah. It’s so much more boring without friends and pancakes).
Then I watched an episode of Glee, which I shall discuss in another post.
Then, at approximately midnight, I couldn’t even muster up the energy to go upstairs to bed. I passed out on the couch.
At 4 AM, I got up and brushed my teeth, washed my face, and crawled into bed.
I woke up from a solid sleep around 10 and I’ve been awake ever since.

I showered today, but didn’t bother getting dressed or doing makeup. I came downstairs, did the dishes, and spent the next 6 hours watching Glee. (I finished the first season!) (Or, whatever. I mean, Is it over?)

After episode 13 (WHAT WAS THAT KISS??) was done, I dragged my un-made up, pajama’d-out self to the store and bought chocolate chips and eggs so I could make cookies (that may or may not serve as this week’s breakfast).
Instead of making them, though, I went upstairs and hemmed a pair of pants (!) and THEN—Guys, prepare yourselves for this. Scoot to the edge of your seat. Hold your breath. Become giddy with anticipation because do you know what I spent this evening doing?? *drumroooolll*–I CLEANED MY ROOM. Sorted, trashed, vacuumed, CLEANED. For the first time in at least 8 months, but probably more like 10 or 24. It looks so amazing. It FEELS. So. Amazing.
I knew it would.
And if these past two months hadn’t worn me into the ground, I would have done it before now.

Hallelujah It’s CLEAN! No clothes piled on the back of my chair. No crap strewn across my desk. No hair littered all over my rug and tiles (ugh hair. and it’s sooo looooong). No mre little nasty speckish things that get stuck to my feet when I walk barefoot on my carpet. No piles (well, a few. Shut up.).

Just: clean.

Then I came downstairs and made cookie dough and cleaned the kitchen (MORE dishes. THANK YOU, PARENTS!) while watching Grey’s–which is seriously one of the best shows ever. Oh, how I miss it!

So…, that was a really detailed account of my weekend. I need to go to bed now before my headache returns.

Just one more thing first: Remember November 2009’s Headache From Hell ? What the heck, Head? Why you be aching all the time?
I didn’t even bother with drugs this time. Well, sort of I did. I took one dose Thursday afternoon. Success! Then I took one Saturday morning (4ish). Fail.

In conclusion:
Pity me for my headachey weekend.

Praise me for my domestic awesomeness.

Until next time,
Me πŸ™‚

PS Feel free to send some energy my way. Or lots. Really. I misssssss itttttttttt-tuh!

You may also like

1 comment

  1. I am so sorry about the headaches I can totally relate… bah! no good. and just as a reminder “domestic goddess” need I say more? πŸ™‚ and thanks for posting since your energy is zapped for email righting and I haven't a clue what you be up to lately πŸ™‚ good luck! I would say just 3 more weeks… but that doesn't really apply to Dubai school does it? you do get summer off right? I somehow remember something about that and a visit in June, which I will be here for fyi. πŸ™‚